What I love to read/review:
- Young Adult
- New Adult
- Romance (all kinds including BDSM)
- Fantasy (any kind)
- Women’s Lit
- Middle Grade
What I won’t review:
- Self Help
- Political Books
- Children’s (like preschool and chapter books)
My review policy:
I give honest, unbiased reviews of all books that I choose to review. My reviews generally run 3’s and 4’s. I very rarely give 1’s, 2’s or 5’s. If I do give the lower rating, there is a reason and I will discuss that in the review. I will also email the author with links to the review and explain why I rated the book the way I did if the rating is low.
With the exceptions of ARC’s coming from NetGalley or a street/review team I am on, I will not give dates where I will have the review done by. I have done that in the past. It put too much pressure on me to get the reviews done by the date I gave. If you do need the review by a certain date, please tell me upfront. I do not read minds (even though I wish I could).
How to reach me:
Contacting me through my contact form is preferable. Also, please do not contact me through Goodreads, the blog’s Facebook page, and Twitter. I will not respond to any requests submitted through there.
Where I post my reviews:
I post my reviews on Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, Tumblr, Google Plus, Twitter, Facebook, and Amazon. Sometimes Kobo.
My expectations from the authors:
- Please understand that I do not live on my computer. That I have a life, which includes having children. Repeatedly emailing me, asking me when if I have gotten the review done isn’t cool. It will not make me get to the book or write the review any faster. As I stated in My Review Policy, tell me if you need the review sooner than later. I am good at switching books.
- Please do not get abusive with me if I write a bad review. I don’t take kindly to that.
- Please do not contact me if you want an “honest review but could it be 4 or 5 stars”. I will not respond to your request
- Please contact me if I screwed something up. I am human, it happens. Don’t wait until 5 months after the review is posted and then say “Hey, I noticed something is wrong”. It doesn’t look good on both of our ends.
- Please do not contact me if you want me to review something that I have stated I will not (See What I Won’t Review above). It is wasting both of our times. There are plenty of bloggers out there who will review your book.
Everything I stated above has actually happened to me with the past year. Please don’t be intimidated to contact me for a review because of what I wrote above. I am pretty easy going in real life. By writing My Expectations, I am covering both of our butts. I love blogging and giving my view on what I read. It saddens me that I have to write what I did.
So, if you haven’t been scared off by this, drop me a line. I would love to review your book!!!