I want to thank Kristin at A Simply Enchanted Life for nominating me for this tag. Her blog is totally awesome. So check it out if you want a good review, see what bookish things that she has found this week and to read about her amazing family!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started:
I started blogging back in 2008 on Blogger. It was a personal/family blog because I didn’t think to start blogging about the books I read. One night, about a year after that was started, I was describing one of the books I had read to BK and he suggested that I start a book review blog. Which I did, in addition to my personal/family blog. It was called Read With Me. I really wasn’t into reviewing and was/off on with that blog until I closed it in 2010. That’s when I moved to WordPress and started Life of a Crazy Mom. Again, this started off as a personal/family blog but over time, I started doing book and product reviews very casually. It wasn’t until 2015, that I really started getting into writing book/product reviews and in 2016, I went to just writing book reviews. I started getting approached by authors and I found NetGally. The rest is history.
Two Pieces of Advice
Ok, I really suck at giving advice on this stuff, so I apologize in advance:
- If you are new to the reviewing scene, just remember….the more you write, the better you will get. You will make mistakes. Learn from them and reach out to other bloggers for help. 99.9% of the time, they will be more than happy to help you.
- Review what you love but don’t be afraid to try other genres. Love YA, awesome review your heart out. Secretly want to review science fiction but afraid that you will lose followers. Just do it!!
All of you.
Yes, I am being lazy but I don’t have a lot of time to go through and tag people this morning. If you do this, please leave me a linkback in the comments so I can read your post 🙂