It’s book review time. Before I get to the review, here’s the low down on the book:
Format read in: Kindle
Price at time of purchase: $0.00
Price now: Kindle: $0.00, Paperback: $10.79 (Amazon)
In a flooded world only small peaks dot the seas, with civilization confined to waterborne cities. Society is ruled by tyrannous bosses, enforcing their will with an army of thugs and Stoneweavers, those able to use the remnants of magic. Resources are conserved by selling the poor into slavery. With such a cleansing due, what danger do an escaped slave and thief pose to this fragile society?
What I liked about Stoneweaver:
* That the main characters, the so-called good guys, were really flawed. Like Danath. He killed for a living (duelling other Stoneweavers) but didn’t like it.
* That it was similar to Waterworld….lol.
* There was no romance in this book….which was surprising because usually in a fantasy/dystopia, romance usually rears up its head. Instead, the author killed off Danath’s girlfriend pretty early in the book.
What I disliked about Stoneweaver:
* The author gave almost no background of the main characters and just skimmed over what happened to make the world filled with water. I would have liked more background, more depth.
* The twist at the ending. Well, twists. One I saw coming from about the middle of the book. The other one, well it startled me because it came out of left field.
* The fact that the book couldn’t hold my attention and seemed to lag in the middle of the story.
Book I am reading now: