It’s book review time. Before I get to the review, here’s the low down on the book:
Format read in: Kindle
Price at time of purchase: $0.00
Price now: Kindle: $0.00 (Amazon)
Trey Turner may be topping the country music charts but his life has been going downhill since his wife left him five years ago. He’s desperate to make amends for the mistakes he’s made and convince Sierra their love deserves a second chance.
Sierra Brooks is happy for the first time since her divorce. She has a career she loves and a fiancé who loves her. Unfortunately, her fiancé isn’t the only man professing his love. He may be able to offer her safety and security, but will she decide to risk everything for another chance with the man who broke her heart?
What I liked about Shameless:
* That it was a quick, easy read. I was able to finish this book in 1 day.
* The author was able to bring the heartbreak of Sierra and Trey’s relationship (past and present) to the front of the book and keep it there.
* Not a lot of books deal with preemies and death. I thought the author did a great job of realistically portraying Sierra and Trey’s different grieving styles.
What I disliked about Shameless:
* I didn’t like Trey. Not very often where I do not like a main, essential to the story, character but I did not like him. Something rubbed me the wrong way about him. Can’t really put a finger on it.
* The storyline of Eric, Meagan and Trey. That honestly left a really bad taste in my mouth (no spoilers here….just more of a WTF)
* Sierra towards the end of the book. She became whiny to me.